Regent Theatre patrons will soon be able to hold their popcorn and eat it too. Within a few months, cup holders will be installed in the lower level seating of the theatre. The sleek wooden cup holders will be custom designed to match the style of the theatre. With a total project cost of $7,500, the theatre is asking for support from the community to make this update a reality.
Currently, the theatre is $2,000 short of the amount needed to not go over budget on the project.
“The amount of community pride for the theatre is incredible, and together we can make this project a reality,” Kelsie King-Duff, City of Allegan Promotions Director stated.
Donations can be made to the project in the following ways:
- Mail your check donation to the Regent Theatre at 211 Trowbridge Street Allegan, MI. 49010
- Make your donation at the Regent when you’re there to see a movie
- Drop your check or ash donation off to City Hall, open Monday – Friday from 8:30am-5pm
- Donate to their GoFundMe campaign – https://www.gofundme.com/regent-theatre-cup-holders
Reward levels include:
- $50 – Personalized armrest plate
- $100 – Single person yearlong membership
- $200 – Two person yearlong membership
- $500 – Private screening
The fundraiser will last through the end of February. Please make checks payable to The City of Allegan with the memo “Regent Theatre Donation.”
After years of flirting with the notion of cup holder installation, theatre staff worked with Arcadia Seating Company of Grand Rapids to find the perfect style and decided that now was the time to make the move towards installation.
“The most common complaint I hear in regards to the Regent, or why people choose other theaters over us, is the lack of cup holders,” says Regent Coordinator, Parker Johnson. “My defense has always been that we are a classic theatre, but we’re a classic theater that needs to adapt and adopt new trends and traditions, while simultaneously appreciating the old.”
Questions regarding the fundraiser or the cup holder installation can be directed to Regent Theatre Operations Coordinator, Parker Johnson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269.673.2737.